All over town, you see us – Northern Illinois Disposal trucks, hard at work picking up from the homes and families we serve. For decades we’ve aimed to provide quality customer service that’s clean, quiet, and respectful of your property. Today we’re also working to offer you recycling in a way that’s easy for you, and good for the environment.
Northern Illinois Disposal Services
Northern Illinois Disposal is a locally owned and operated company. We are large enough to provide all of the benefits of a national company, yet small enough to get to know all of our employees on a personal basis.
Our Culture Emphasizes 3 Things
- The safety of our employees and the public-at-large
- Exceptional customer service
We seek continuous improvement in everything we do – with primary emphasis on our safety record and customer satisfaction. We provide extensive on-going training for all of our employees, and we offer several incentive-based compensation plans. Northern Illinois Disposal maintains a drug-free workplace, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Leading the Way
Leading The Way To Working Green.
We’ve been looking at ways to reduce our impact on the environment since long before it became fashionable – monitoring the resources we use and disposing of waste responsibly has been part of our business since Day 1. From our trucks to our offices, we’re always finding ways to be more green, and here are some of them.
- Our entire fleet of collection vehicles is currently using biodiesel fuel.
- We have converted some of our collection vehicles to a propane fuel source, and we are encouraged by the initial results and evaluating next steps.
- We continually seek to improve the efficiency of our routes and reduce our engine idle time in order to reduce airborne emissions from our trucks.
- All of our locations have developed aggressive recycling programs, from the office staff to shop personnel.
- We have developed a company-wide “Green Team” to further explore ways to reduce our impact on the environment. One recent initiative was the elimination of bottled drinking water and movement to in-house water filtration systems.
- We participate in a variety of community-based recycling task forces.